CS32 (unit 301) Fell & Process Tress over 380mm diameter Using a Chainsaw
- Be able to work safely
- Be able to fell and process trees over 380mm
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Understand how to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Understand how to take down hung up trees
- Be able to cross-cut large timber using a chainsaw
This qualification is about the directional felling of trees using a chainsaw. The felling technique will be appropriate to tree size, weight, condition and species as well as taking into account guidebar size and weather conditions. This covers both coniferous and broadleaved trees, trees that are upright, trees that are weighted towards and that are weighted against a given felling direction.